Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Merchant Services is a service provided by Worldpay (UK) Ltd.
Whether you’re a start-up business or an established company, we could help your business start accepting credit and debit card payments quickly and securely. We can provide access to a range of face-to-face, online and telephone based payment solutions depending upon your needs.
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Available upon request.
Through our payment service provider Worldpay, we provide access to a variety of terminals, giving you the flexibility to choose the right solution for your business.
Fixed position countertop terminals are a convenient way to take payments at the till or reception, allowing you to serve customers quickly.
With a portable bluetooth terminal you can take payments to the customer, provided there is a communication signal.
With a mobile terminal you can take payment wherever a GPRS mobile signal can be received. Operating in the same way as a mobile phone it uses a mobile signal to allow you to take payment almost anywhere, making it suitable for tradespeople, taxis and exhibitors at events.
With a Wi-Fi terminal you can accept card payments wirelessly anywhere on your premises, providing there is a wireless signal. You can also tether the terminal to your mobile phone to take payments anywhere* and connect to any Wi-Fi hotspot when you are out and about.
*Compatible phones with Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
All the terminals we offer access to are:
Reach more potential customers nationally or globally and start taking payments online with a secure eCommerce solution from our payment service provider Worldpay. Choose from a simple pay page, an integrated pay page, or virtual card machine service solution and start trading with the world from wherever you are.
|Features:||- Accept all major credit and debit cards and PayPal|
- Payment pages in over 23 languages
- More than 120 currencies accepted
- Option to choose a simple pay page, integrated pay page or virtual card machine solution
- Risk management – identifies potentially fraudulent transactions with advanced fraud screening checks
- Virtual terminal – take payments over the phone using a secure online payment portal
- FuturePay – allow your customers to set up subscriptions and pay by instalments using their credit and debit card
- Pay by Link – create personalised payment links and embed directly into your invoices
|Other information:||- A merchant account is required to accept card payments online. If you do not have a merchant account please contact us to speak with one of our payment specialists|
With a virtual terminal you could start accepting card payments over the phone or by mail. All you require to enter your customer's payment details is an internet connection and a web browser to log in to the secure Business Manager portal.
|Features:||- Hosted payment page so you don’t need to install or maintain complex software|
- PC and tablet compatible
- Secure payment page featuring the latest security software
- One monthly fee for multiple users
|Benefits||- Maximise your sales by taking payments over the phone or mail|
- Payments are securely processed
- Easy administration with your transaction history in one place
With Pay by Link invoicing and payments are made simple. Create secure, personalised payment links which allow your customers to pay invoices quickly and conveniently, improving your cash flow. All you require is an internet connection and a secure web browser to log in.
|Features:||- Hosted payment page featuring the latest security software so you don’t need to install or maintain complex software|
- Create secure, personalised payment links
- Send links directly to your customers in an invoice or embed in an email
|Benefits:||- Save time when invoicing by embedding your payment link directly into your invoices|
- Payments are securely processed
- Customers can pay quickly and conveniently, improving your cash flow
For businesses who receive a high-footfall of international visitors, myCurrency is a convenient service you can offer your international Mastercard and VISA customers. It provides them with the choice of paying for goods and services in their home currency for up to 21 different currencies.
|Features:||- Automatically recognises eligible Mastercard and VISA cards issued-overseas|
- Customer given the option of paying in Sterling or their home currency
- 1% discount on the Sterling value of the transaction on your monthly service charge if the customer pays in their home currency
- Settlement to your nominated account in Sterling
- No additional merchant service charges for this service
|Other information:||Supported currencies:
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Russian Rouble (RUB)
- Brazilian Real (BRL)
- Saudi Arabia Riyal (SAR)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- South Korean Won (KRW)
- Euro (EUR)
- Swedish Krone (SEK)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Qatar Riyal (WAR)
- Kuwait Dinar (KWD)
- UAE Dirham (AED)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- US Dollar (USD)
Existing Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Merchant Service customers will require their existing terminal to be swapped for a myCurrency enabled terminal.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
New business enquiries
9am – 5pm, Monday to FridayOnline enquiry
For the Merchant Helpdesk
24 hours a day, 365 days a year
If you have a complaint about the service please call 0330 134 8330 (24/7, 365 days a year).
Call costs apply and may vary depending upon your provider.
You are here: Payment solutions
All merchant services products listed are provided by Worldpay (UK) Ltd. Registered in England No.07316500. Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF, United Kingdom. Worldpay (UK) Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (No 530923) for the provision of payment services. Registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, registration Z2431349.